Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Masks work

 From The Guardian


Dr Jeannette Young (Chief Health Officer and Governor-Designate of Queensland) says masks work:

"Masks are so important, I can’t stress this enough. They are really, really important for the Delta variant. Last year at the start of the pandemic, there was a lot of concern about fomites (surfaces holding the virus) and how some people would manage masks and how they use them.

We now know it’s actually that physical barrier that as you breathe out, it traps the virus and if you’re on the other side, you then have a double protection of the person who is engaging with you, he might have the virus and you are breathing in.

They work, they are really, really good so please, I know they are awful, I hate them and I am sure I got home at night with a dry throat because I’ve been talking all day through them and I’m sure that’s the case with the teachers and I do sympathise, I really do, but it’s important. And for teachers, please avail yourselves of the vaccine that’s been made available to you because we now know with the Delta variant, kids are at risk of getting it and spreading it so kids are likely to spread it to teachers."




No comments:

Post a Comment