Monday, May 30, 2022

My current projects

 


I'm still working my way through a list of improvements to my time series programs and databases.  They always take longer than I thought they would.  Programming, especially in Visual Basic, is time-consuming, because one almost always makes errors in coding, from simple typos to errors in the logic, but VBA's clumsy way of interrogating values during execution makes tracking down coding errors tedious.   

I'm also resurrecting my APL  programs, but since they work off my Excel spreadsheets, reading from and writing to spreadsheets, they need the VBA programs to work.

My current project is to create a composite monthly series which gives a reasonable estimate of GDP for the USA, and to extend this series back to WW1.  Ultimately, I might write a paper on this for publication.  In the meantime, I'm busy creating a continuous series for the volume of US retail sales from several disparate series going back to 1919.  I'll show y'all the results when I'm done.


No comments:

Post a Comment