Disclaimer

Disclaimer. After nearly 40 years managing money for some of the largest life offices and investment managers in the world, I think I have something to offer. But I can't by law give you advice, and I do make mistakes. Remember: the unexpected sometimes happens. Oddly enough, the expected does too, but all too often it takes longer than you thought it would, or on the other hand happens more quickly than you expected. The Goddess of Markets punishes (eventually) greed, folly, laziness and arrogance. No matter how many years you've served Her. Take care. Be humble. And don't blame me.

BTW, clicking on most charts will produce the original-sized, i.e., bigger version.

Monday, June 25, 2012

June's Philly Fed index

Like most of the regional surveys (whether from the ISM or the Fed) the data are much more "spiky" than the broader national indices, so I've plotted the 3 month moving average of the Philly Fed data.  And the correlation with the national index isn't that close on a month-to-month basis, though the broad trends are comparable.  More evidence (along with such indicators as initial claims) of a soggy economy.  Again, I wouldn't worry too much about it except that Europe is in strife and the China tanker is struggling to change direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment